Understanding Workers’ Compensation Claims

If you have been injured on the job, you may be faced with many uncertainties. Because each situation and employer is unique, your case requires individualized attention. Our attorneys at Davie & Valdez, P.C., will make sure that you understand your rights and that you are not being taken advantage of.

What Should I Do If I Have Been Injured At Work?

If you have suffered an injury while at work, there are two immediate steps you should take to best protect your interests. The first is to seek medical attention for your injury. The second is to report the injury to your employer, preferably in writing, as soon as possible.

What If My Employer Is Uninsured?

Although many large employers in Texas choose to carry workers’ compensation insurance, other companies do not. If your employer is a nonsubscriber and it can be demonstrated that the company’s negligence caused your injury, you can sue your employer to recover damages such as lost wages and pain and suffering.

Can I Receive Wages While I Am Unable To Work?

If your employer is insured, then you can file a claim to receive a percentage of your wages while you are unable to work. If your employer is uninsured, however, it can pay you partial wages if it chooses, but the company is not legally obligated to do so. In that case, a lawsuit may become necessary for you to recoup any lost wages.

Holding Employers Accountable

Our Texas law practice focuses on work accident claims, and our experienced trial attorneys have obtained hundreds of successful verdicts and settlements for our clients. For a free initial consultation, contact our El Paso office by submitting an online inquiry or by calling 915-838-1100.